Saturday, August 6, 2011

Finding my Muse...

... Is proving rather difficult.

I want to write more interesting blogs but I am drawing a blank. I don't want this to be like say, "Livejournal"- which translates to me as more of a blog specifically about your everyday life. I have a corporeal and personal journal already, besides, a lot of everyday life isn't to interesting. Its not like I have big adventures or side splitting hilarious moments ALL the time.

So the the question remains- what do I want to blog about? I am very interested in doing reviews for books and movies, as well as products (focusing mainly on beauty related items)- but where to begin? And how to organize? I guess the first move would be to just start doing it of course but do I dare admit I'm shy? This notion seems odd to me especially since on a normal basis I know people on the other end of a screen do not have personal influence on me, in terms of "I will never actually meet them, so I should be brave enough to say what I want, how I want." AKA people being rude or acting tough via the cyberspace DO NOT move me, especially to self doubt or embarrassment.

I guess my shyness stems from a fear that the things I review would fall on deaf ears- or "blind eyes" in this case. The whole point of a review is to help people by stating our honest opinion because lets face it- products are sold on hype and over exaggeration. Its all about the mighty dollar in the business world and a lot a companies are willing to lie and embellish just to sell something- while many book and movie reviews are purely opinion biased or based on shameless backbiting. 

 If only there was a Muse of blogging... Calliope the muse of epic poetry will have to suffice. Now- to find her! (Or maybe email her, because you know the greeks are hip.)

No comments:

Post a Comment